Durham Bird Club's Castle Lake Nature Reserve

Thursday 8 September 2011

About Tern

Sorry no more Tern puns. Well the pools panel have deliberated, sifted though the evidence and come to the unanimous conclusion that Castle Lake scored a home win yesterday in that the Tern sp that was causing an id headache was in fact an Arctic Tern.
If my juvenile Tern recognition skills weren't so totally inadequate I would have probably reached the same decision last night, and to think I only went down in the first place for some relaxation and solitude! Oh and to look for the possible Citrine Wagtail and the Bittern (seen again tonight by the way, but not by me of course, it knows what shifts I'm on).
Castle Lake keeps on producing the goods, and long may it continue.
Patch Tick #142 & Year Tick #126 Arctic Tern

No comments:

Post a Comment