Durham Bird Club's Castle Lake Nature Reserve

Thursday 15 September 2011

Back In The Village...

...is the name of an Iron Maiden song that I find myself singing as I drive into Bishop Middleham but by the time I've reached the hide the tablets have kicked in.


Back down this evening, now that I'm starting to get into Gull's (it won't last), I thought I'd grill each and every one but its a bit daunting when they are all over the place. Tonights totals went something like this;
Black-headed Gull 170
Lesser Black-backed Gull 1 adult
Common Gull 30
Herring Gull 50 flew in together from the south, apart from 2 adults and a 2nd winter the others were all 1st-winter birds.

Other movers and shakers included 52 Teal, 2 Kestrel, 3 Ringed Plover, 6 Ruff (4 of which later relocated to the A1 Flashes), 1 Dunlin, 1 Snipe and 6 Curlew.

A tractor ploughing the field next to Stoneybeck Lake resulted in only 5 Moorhen of note.

No comments:

Post a Comment